We’re all busy people. Our Twitter #careerchat gathered some great tips and resources to make sure you’re getting what you need from your recruiter!
Key takeaways from the chat:
- Find recruiters specializing in your industry through Google or LinkedIn, and start building a relationship.
- A recruiter is a great source of information about the company. Ask questions; get information ranging from the company’s competitors to corporate dress code.
- What are recruiters finding out about you? Be smart about your online presence. Create a compelling profile with industry keywords and post it on LinkedIn, job boards and industry sites.
- Recruiters can sell you to the employer, but it’s up to you to sell yourself to the recruiter.
- Be clear on salary expectations when you’re asked. Do your market research and quote a range the recruiter can take back to their client.
- Top 5 Recruiter Pet Peeves REVEALED!
- Working With Recruiters: What Is A Recruiter, Really?
- How to Work With Recruiters
- What Will the Recruiter Do? Insight on Several Common Situations Recruiters Often Face
- How Do I Ask Good Questions at Recruiting Events?
- How to Get a Good Experience From Your Recruitment Consultant
Special thanks to @ymmat, @MervynDinnen, @Billboorman, @swallace2882, @careercast, @AvidCareerist, @JohnAntonios, @AnneMessenger, @greatonthejob, @myFootpath, @talentculture, @PushJobs, @SaleStart and @ComeRecommended.
Join our Twitter #careerchat Tuesdays @ 12 PM CT to talk about everything from friending your boss on Facebook to personal branding to how to get a call back from recruiter.
How to join: Go to Tweetchat.com and follow the hashtag “careerchat” at noon CT every Tuesday!