I won’t pretend to know what I’m doing, but as I’ve recently re-entered the querying gambit, I have gone in deep with researching what other people say who do know what they’re doing. Hopefully one day I’ll be one of them!
This quick list includes tips and threads that range from kidlit to novels to nonfiction. I think there’s great insight to be found from all genres:
- Here’s a very succinct difference between the query part of your query letter and the synopsis (Source: Writing Forum)
- Cover letters and query letters – with great, good, and deliberately bad examples! (Source: The Purple Crayon)
- The Complete Guide to Query Letters (Source: Jane Friedman)
- The Kidlit411 website and the Kidlit411 Facebook group
- This recent thread on the hurdles of the Query Manager form
What are your favorite tips or resources?