Find my books here.
What do I do when I’m not writing stories? I’m managing online communities for customers who quite literally save lives. Their own stories amaze me every day, while to them, they’re just doing their jobs. I’m happy to share my experiences and help others manage, nurture, and grow their online communities, because I wouldn’t have gotten to where I am today without being helped along the way.
Currently I work with Yammer networks, and that means I work with some fabulous people.
- Microsoft Ignite 2017: Innovations & Inspiration —My prize-winning recap [Sway]
- Yammer Customer Stories: CPI (Video) —I brought Microsoft and a film crew to showcase my company’s online community success story!
- LinkedIn articles —I post about online community management and more.
- Rosemary’s Face: The Legacy of Rh Hemolytic Disease (Journal of Crisis Prevention)
- Building a Better Behavioral Framework: Tiers of Positive School Support (Journal of Safe Management of Disruptive and Assaultive Behavior)
Microsoft Most Valued Professional (MVP) and Yammer Articles
- Microsoft MVP Award – Office Servers & Services [Updated 2017: Year 2!]
- Without Capes: The Superheroes I Look Up To [MVP Contributor Program]
- How My Yammer External Network Works Out Loud–And Saves Lives #wolweek
- How I Grew My Career in 2017 [MVP Contributor Program]
- Trap #5: No Community Manager
- How to Launch Your Yammer Network (And Keep It Going)
- How I Went From English Major to Yammer Community Manager
- Yammer: Yep, Still Kicking!
- Why Your Customers Need An Online Community And How to Prove It’s Working When You Have One [SlideShare]
- Ignite 2016, or How I Spent My Fall Vacation [Sway]
- An Analog Way to Get People to Join Your Network
- How to Train (and Find!) Community Managers, From Home to External Networks
- How to Get “Recent Activity” in an Export: Solution
- Want to learn how to turn start-up social into community success? Learn from my experience.
MVP Speaking & Video Opportunities For Microsoft
- Mining Yammer Data For Gold Using Power BI (session description)
- Mining Yammer Data For Gold Using Power BI (session video)
- Ignite: Video! Yammer MVP Panel
- Ignite: Video! Show the value of your network using analytics
MVP Podcasts and Interviews
- tyGraph’s Moneyball podcast: How I manage my Yammer External Network
- Lesley Wolan’s #SuperWomeninTech blog: #WomeninTech Meet Becky Benishek: MVP, Yammer Community Manager
- Dean Swann’s Collab & Digital blog: When Business and IT Collaborate Instead of Collide
- ShareMuch with Yaroslav Pentsarskyy, live interview: How to Succeed With Yammer In A Mid-Size Organization
- Collab365 live interview: Microsoft Ignite Coverage 2017 with Becky Benishek and Beau Cameron
- Simon Terry’s #WOLWeek: Work Out Loud interview with Becky Benishek
- Paul Wood’s Yaminade podcast: Bridging the analog and digital with Becky B from the Crisis Prevention Institute
- 2 Guys and SharePoint: Episode 25 – The Yammer show with Mel and Becky
Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI): Projects, Posts, Social Media Successes
- I was the project lead for this paradigm-changing video about changing your perceptions to provide better care.
- Here’s how to achieve mindfulness at work (and beyond), with my month-long #mindfulness campaign that keeps on giving.
- Here’s an example of my Facebook Page engagement and the landing page I designed to go with the post.
- Another example of my Facebook Page engagement, where I was also the offline campaign manager, directing both an employee contest and the design team.
- Blog post example based on a successful Facebook Q&A session.
- The corporate Pinterest page I built works amazingly well for us.
I had a prior incarnation in the career resources field! Here’s what I did then:
Career Resource-Related Guest Posts, Blog Posts, and Tutorials
- SlideShare tutorial for Facebook Privacy (originally written for my current company, then adapted for general use).
- What to Do When You Hear: “It happened for the best!”
- 5 1/2 Social Media Tips for Job Seekers
- 5 Things You Can Do When You Get the Axe
- Positively Unemployed
- Job Seekers: Put Your Best (Social Media) Face Forward
- 5 Quick’n’Dirty Ways to Be Green at Work
Career Resource-Related Mentions:
- Top 100 Twitter Accounts Job Seekers MUST Follow (2013) (@bbenishek)
- Top 100 Twitter Accounts Job Seekers MUST Follow (2012) (@bbenishek)
- Top 50 Twitter Accounts Job Seekers MUST Follow (2011) (@bbenishek)
- How to Be a Great Community Manager (quoted)
- 55 Top Job Search Experts to follow on Twitter (@bbenishek)